WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
REACH is the acronym for the European Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals, which entered into force on the 1 of June 2007.
WHICH ARE THE OBJECTIVES?
- To guarantee a high level of protection of the human health and the environment.
- To ensure the free circulation of substances on the internal market
- To enhance competitiveness and innovation
WHO IS IMPACTED BY REACH?
Any manufacturer, importer or downstream user of substances shall ensure that they manufacture, import, place on the market or use such substances in a way that does not adversely affect human health or the environment. Their obligations concerning REACH compliance not only vary due to the production tonnage band but also to their role in the supply chain.
REACH establishes one single registration system, not only for the new substances but also for the existing ones. The manufacture and/or import of substances which have not been previously pre-registered between the 1 June and the 1 December 2008 or which have not been registered directly as from the 1 June 2008 and the placing on the market of substances which have not been previously pre-registered is an infringement of REACH.
WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES?
No data no market.
It affects more than 30.000 substances.
Leitat Technological Center has a solid experience on compliance and regulatory affairs regarding Environment, Health and Safety. Leitat´s REACH team is composed of Chemical Engineers, Biochemists, Specialists on Environment and Lawyers.
1. TECHNICAL AND LEGAL ADVICE
To assess how your company is impacted by REACH: substances on their own, in preparations and in articles.
To establish a calendar with actions in order to comply with REACH
- Support in the registration, authorisation and restriction processes. Elaboration of the registration dossier and notification of authorised substances.
- Preparation of the new Safety Data Sheet and development of the Chemical Safety Report and Exposure Scenarios for your company.
- Advice on innovation and R&D, new products, European projects, GHS system.
- Advocacy at the European and national authorities, with a real influence in the decision making
2. R & D PROJECTS
R & D projects related to REACH are focused on the following issues:
- Substitution of substances subject to authorisation and impact in the industrial processes.
- Development of alternative testing and improvement of in silico methods of testing, such as QSAR´s.
- Waste management enhaced added value
- New applications
Leitat offers courses in house and in company so as to help SME´s to comply with REACH.
- Physical chemical testing.All required tests for all the volume bands.
- REACH SVHC (Substances of Very High Concern) Compliance: determine whether products contain anys SVHCs in excess of 0,1% weight by product.
For more information, please contact us at