MARIE SKLODOVSKA CURIE ACTION Fellowship - Innovative Training Networks - BORGES - 813863
Title: Early-Stage Researcher - 3D Microfluidics Multiphysics Models
Organisation Name: LEITAT – Technological Centre
We offer you to join a recently funded European Training Network (ETN) project ID 813863 — BORGES — H2020-MSCA-ITN-2018. BORGES offers high-level doctoral training to a total of 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) of which 1 will be employed at LEITAT Technology Centre, in Barcelona. During this 4-year project, we offer an initial 3 years MSCA fellowship to implement cost-effective fabrication strategies for printed organic bioelectronics devices; reduce the time-to-market of organic electronics biosensors by developing and validating a modelling tool for the design of microfluidics with additive manufacturing; and integrate microfluidics into organic electronics biosensors.
BORGES is a Marie Curie Skłodowska European Training Network (MSCA-ITN-ETN) aiming to train the next generation of R&D innovators in Organic Bioelectronics, with the aim of developing organic biosensors up to demonstration in an end-user significant context.
Organic Bioelectronics is a fast-rising interdisciplinary field encompassing organic electronic devices that exhibit mixed electronic and ionic conductivity. These devices represent a truly unique communication bridge across the technology gap existing between the living systems and digital electronics. Biosensing is one of the most scientifically and industrially promising application of organic (bio)electronics.
BORGES is will form young professionals that will be able to operate into this highly interdisciplinary field, acquiring expertise in designing, developing and implementing highly reliable organic bioelectronic sensors.
Research Profile: First Stage Researcher (R1)
Engineering› Simulation engineering
Chemistry› Analytical chemistry
Engineering› Mechanical engineering
Required Education level: Engineering, Chemistry, Physics at Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• At the time of recruitment, you must not already hold a doctorate degree and you must be in the first 4 years of your research career (measured from the date of obtaining the degree which entitles you to embark on PhD studies).
• At the time of recruitment, you must not have resided or carried out your main activity in SPAIN for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to your start date.
• The applicants can be of any nationality, gender or religion.
Highly motivated candidate with Bachelor and/or a master’s degree, or equivalent, in Engineering or equivalent.
Demonstrated or research interest skills:
• Analytical thinker and critical problem solver.
• Perform high-level data analysis.
• Well organized and possess excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
• Ability to write research reports clearly and succinctly and give oral presentations to the Science group and outside departments.
• Oral and or poster presentations at meetings and conferences may be required.
Research experience or an interest in:
• Expertise/know-how simulation software (COMSOL or similar) for microfluidics is highly desired.
• General Fluid mechanics and electronics background.
• Ability to complete fluidic module designs using packages such as solid works etc.
• Perform 3D models for automated sample handling systems.
• Development of microfluidics simulation model for additive manufacturing or 3D printing techniques.
Required Languages: English (Excellent).
Required Research Experience: Engineering in computer engineering (1-4 years).
Job contract: Temporally, 40h/week. Full-time
The Early Stage Researcher (ESR) will receive a Monthly Living Allowance plus a Mobility Allowance consistent with the applicable EC Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions-ITN general conditions. The ESR salary is subject to local tax, social benefit and other deductions following national regulations. The PhD students will be employed with full social security coverage and all benefits in accordance with the Marie Sklodowska-Curie ITN fellowship regulations of the European Union.
• A competitive salary including living allowance.
• A mobility allowance and a family allowance (where applicable) as part of the employment package.
• A comprehensive, interactive and international training programme covering innovative and state-of-the-art approaches to train the next generation of R&D innovators in Organic Bioelectronics, with the aim of developing microfluidic organic biosensors up to demonstration in an end-user significant context.
• A series of research-specific, complementary and training skills, that involve both the academic and industry sectors and are tailor-made to prepare young researchers for their future careers.
• Secondments in other universities and/or industry.
Candidates should submit:
1. CV, detailed list of qualifications, publications, and skills related to the job offer (max 4 pages).
2. 2 Letters of support.
3. Presentation letter describing why they wish to study in this research area (max 1 page).
Only documents in English will be accepted. All requested information should be submitted as a single .pdf file of less than 2Mb to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject of the e-mail: MSCA - BORGES – Name & Surname). Only complete applications will be considered.
The deadline for application is 30/04/2019 at EoB (GMT).
LEITAT, together with the ESR supervisor, operates a first screening for the eligibility of the candidates. Together with RTC, a small number (3-4) of candidates are selected for an interview to identify best candidate. Only pre-selected applicants will be contacted. Each candidate will be asked to give a short talk covering her/his previous research activities and achievements. Selection will be made based on the quality of the candidate and the match of their previous research experience with the BORGES programme and requirements. LEITAT promotes equal opportunities among candidates, so there will be no discrimination between gender, religion or nationality.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA:
The data of the applicant will be collected in order to realize the selection procedure such as described in Grant Agreement No. 813863 - Horizon 2020 BORGES and will be communicated by 15/05/2019 (selecting beneficiary) to the Recruitment and Training Committee which is composed by one representative of each beneficiaries having part in BORGES project. The candidate may refer to LEITAT (selecting entity) in order to exercise her/his rights under art. 15 – 22 Reg. (EU) 2016/679.
To be considered for this position, please fill in the form below and attach your resumé. The fields marked with (*) are mandatory.
Name and Surname (*)
Title of this job offer (*)
Attached resumé (*)