R+D oriented to the acquirement of new materials and nanomaterials
Main research fields:
- Synthesis and functionalization of nanomaterials for their later application in different families of nanocomposites.
- Nanosecurity and study on the environmental impact during the life cycle of the nanomaterials.
- Synthesis, extrusion, injection, infusion and study of polymers recycling and polymeric composites.
- Synthesis and design of organic, mineral and hybrid multifunctional materials to be applied in electronics, textile sector, energy, building and environment.
- Engineering and surface analysis by physical and chemical processes.
- New technical and smart textiles.
Some of the subject matters of the Projects being carried out are:
- Research on textiles for the global protection of fire-fighters by modelling comfort –protection, functionality; and protective garments for emergency equipment.
- Application of nanotechnology and ecofriendly materials in the transport sector.
- Smart and environmentally sustainable materials for the generation of structures in compound materials: CENIT TARGET.
- Model of integral management of recovering and recycling waste coming from port and fishing, tanning of leather and polyester or packaging activities.
- Use of nanotechnology for the improvement of thermoelectric materials with the aim of making the mass-production of these devices profitable.
- Toxicology and environmental impact on nanomaterials derived from the transformation and recycling of nanocompound polymers used in different industrial applications.