R+D on energy efficiency and environmental sustainability
Main research fields:
- Photovoltaic energy and associated products.
- Thermoelectricity and electroluminescence.
- CO2 storage and recovering
- Battery and supercondenser
- Water treatment
- Water cycle analysis.
Some of the subject matters of the Projects being carried out are:
- New concepts for high-scale energy storage by optimizing Li-ion batteries.
- New supercondensers based on double layer and pseudocapacitive electrochemical effects.
- Reduction of gases derived from the greenhouse effect by capturing CO2 with ionic liquids.
- Sustainable biorefinery.
- Efficiency third-generation photovoltaic cells and solid-state bulbs for consumers.
- Improvement of energy efficiency in cities by the management of the integrated demand in transport and transfer of good practices.
- New advanced electrochemical treatments in sewage water applicable in the biodiesel industry, food industry with the recuperation of phosphates and automotive and coating industry with nickel recuperation.
- Design, fabricate and show innovative and sustainable technology based on new treatment for urban solid waste and treatment of urban sewage water.