R+D oriented to biomedicine and application of biologic processes and products
Main research fields:
- Cancer therapy, diagnostics, prognosis and illness monitoring.
- Specialized bioservices including generation of monoclonal antibodies.
- Toxicology, migration determination and development of markers.
- Development of bioprocesses.
- Extraction of active principles.
- ADME-Tox studies on drugs
Some of the subject matters of the Projects being carried out are:
- Generation of electrochemical biosensors based on hybrid biomolecule-nanoparticle to assess the immune functional response.
- Development of angiogenesis peptides by zera® technology.
- New strategies based on biomarkers for cancer detection, prognosis, prediction and development of new treatments.
- Characterization of predictive genetic models for anticancer drugs; systematization of the personalized therapeutic intervention.
- Biological active principles obtained from micro-alga innovative extraction processes.
- Application of nano-particles technology based on therapy and detection of different types of cancer.
- Integral challenge to breast cancer.
- New methodology for the identification of natural compounds of high commercial value derived from the diverse and unexplored flora from Mediterranean countries.
- Biopolymeric capsules to be applied in food safety.
- Appreciation of biocide technology in its application in air and fabrics filters for the prevention of nosocomial infections.